Saturday, September 5, 2015

High Fructose Corn Syrup


Over the last several years I adapted to eating more organic foods and eliminating processed foods with all those unnecessary fillers you don’t need! In the process, I’ve come across some surprising products that contain high fructose corn syrup. I would expect soft drinks, soda, juices etc. to be full of high fructose corn syrup, but dressing? applesauce? I just couldn’t believe some of these! Below is a list of items I commonly use that I found contain high fructose corn syrup. You may be surprised by some on the list! I’ve replaced these items with ones that do not contain high fructose corn syrup and was found I like the taste of the natural ones just as much if not more! Almost of the items on this list can be found in the grocery store as either organic, natural or without high fructose corn syrup.

I started eating local natural honey back in 2012 it has improved my seasonal allergy symptoms tremendously. I love the taste of it, it’s delicious! I will never go back to eating regular store bought honey. I hope you find this list helpful. It was definitely an eye-opener to find out some of the products I had sitting in my pantry are loaded with high fructose corn syrup. So the next time you’re in the grocery store, look for the organic versions of these products and you’ll be on your way to cutting out unnecessary high fructose corn syrup from your diet!
  • Dressings, even Italian and vinaigrette ones!
  •  Yogurt
  • Applesauce
  • Ketchup
  • Pasta sauce
  •  Barbeque and Steak Sauce
  • Canned soups – especially tomato soup!
  •   Jelly & jams
  •  Syrup
  • Cereals


Products Free of High Fructose Corn Syrup:
  •  Organic Natural Honey
  •  Annie’s Naturals Organic Dressings
  • Yogurt: Stoneyfield Farm Yogurt, Dannon All Natural Vanilla
  • Mott’s Natural Applesauce
  • Heinz makes an Organic Tomato Ketchup
  • Classico Pasta Sauces
  • Bull’s Eye Barbeque Sauce
  • Annie’s Organic Soups
  • Smucker’s Organic Preserves Jelly (variety of flavors, strawberry, grape, raspberry)
  • Log Cabin makes an all-natural maple syrup
  • Nabisco Original Triscuit Crackers
  • Jiff Peanut Butter
  • Nature Valley Granola Bars
  • Kashi Granola Bars
  • Cascadian farms cereal
  • Quaker Life Cereal
  •  Post Grape Nuts Cereal
  • Chex Cereals 

No comments:

Post a Comment